Episode #48 – March 7, 2021
Episode #48 of The Silent Comedy Watch Party will stream live on Sunday March 7, 2021 at 3pm ET. Co-hosts Steve Massa will introduce and Ben Model will live accompany screenings of shorts starring Billy Bevan, Madeline Hurlock and Charlie Chaplin.
The Silent Comedy Watch Party is presented for free, on YouTube.
Films scheduled for this episode:
Ice Cold Cocos (1926) starring Billy Bevan and Madeline Hurlock, with Andy Clyde, “Kewpie” Morgan, Louise Carver, Leo Sulky, Barney Hellum, Billy Gilbert, Budd Ross, Julia Duncan, Thelma Hill, Della Peterson, Elsie Tarron; prod. Mack Sennett; dir. Del Lord; story. Clarence Hennecke & Phil Whitman; titles. A. H. Giebler; photo. “Hap” DePew; spec. photo. Ernie Crockett; rel. June 20, 1926 by Mack Sennett Comedies; dist. Pathé Exchange; 2 reels; presented in a digital scan from a 16mm print courtesy of Richard Sheckman.
One AM (1916) starring Charlie Chaplin, with Albert Austin; dir. & writ. Charles Chaplin; photo. William C. Foster & Roland Totheroh; rel. August 7, 1916 by the Lone Star Film Corporation; dist. Mutual Film Corp.; 2 reels; presented courtesy of Serge Bromberg and the Blackhawk Film Collection; released on many DVD collections through Amazon.
Time Zone info:
- Pacific Time – 12 noon
- Mountain Time – 1 pm
- Central Time – 2 pm
- Eastern Time – 3 pm
- Argentina/Nova Scotia – 4 pm
- UK/England – 8 pm
- Europe/Scandinavia/Netherlands et al. – 9 pm (21:00)
- Eastern Australia – 3 am Monday
- Western Australia – 6 am Monday
- Japan (Tokyo) – 4am Monday
Where to watch the show:
The stream will go live on YouTube about 5-10 minutes before the show’s start time at 3:00 pm ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021. Click the image below to go to Ben Model’s YouTube channel where you can subscribe and get an email notification about the stream link.
Mentioned on episode 48:
Steve Massa and Ben Model’s “cabin fever” recommendations:
- Dan Mason: From Vaudeville to Broadway to the Silent Screen by Joseph P. Eckhardt (McFarland, 2021); available on Amazon.
Make a donation to support the show:
The Silent Comedy Watch Party is presented free of charge. If you’d like to make a contribution to support the show, you may do so securely online:
- one-time donation on Square or PayPal. For Venmo, search for “@undercrank”
- weekly donation – sign up with us on Patreon.
- For Venmo, search for @undercrank
- To mail a check, please contact us for the address
Silent Comedy Watch Party “merch”:
Now available: mugs, t-shirts, hoodies, totes and more with the Silent Comedy Watch Party logo! Visit the online shop to browse (scroll) and purchase now at bit.ly/scwp-merch.
Stay informed about the shows:
- Sign up for emails to get reminders about The Silent Comedy Watch Party shows and film listings.
- click here for The Silent Comedy Watch Party main web page for show info and links to previous episodes’ pages.
- Follow Ben Model on Twitter at @silentfilmmusic
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.