Episode #13 of The Silent Comedy Watch Party will stream live on Sunday June 14, 2020 at 3pm EDT. Co-hosts Steve Massa will introduce and Ben Model will live-accompany shorts starring Monty Banks, Jimmie Adams and Charley Chase.
The Silent Comedy Watch Party is presented for free, on YouTube.
Films scheduled for this episode:
IN AND OUT (1921) – starring Monty Banks, with Juanita Hansen, William Blaisdell, Cliff Bowes, Pal; dir. unknown; rel. May 1921 by Warner Brothers; dist. Federated Film Exchanges; originally 2 reels; presented in a presented in a digital HD scan from a 35mm print, courtesy of Library of Congress; released on DVD by Undercrank Productions on Found at Mostly Lost, Vol. 1; available on Amazon.
GRIEF (1921) – starring Jimmie Adams with Charles Reisner, Albert Austin, Frankie Lee, Dinky Dean Reisner, Max Asher, Ford West, Cliff Bowes; dir. Charles Reisner; scr. Albert Austin; rel. May 1921 by Jack White Comedies; dist. Educational Pictures; originally 2 reels; presented in a digital HD scan from a 35mm print, courtesy of Library of Congress; released on DVD by Undercrank Productions on Found at Mostly Lost Vol. 1; available on Amazon.
MIGHTY LIKE A MOOSE (1926) – starring Charley Chase, with Vivien Oakland, Anne Howe, Charles Clary, Gale Henry, Malcolm Denny, Rolfe Sedan, Charlie Hall, Harry Bowen, Buddy; dir. Leo McCarey; titles. H.M. Walker; photo. Len Powers; rel. July 18, 1926 by Hal Roach Comedies; dist. Pathé Exchange; 2 reels; presented courtesy of Serge Bromberg and Lobster Films, and sourced from the 2004 DVD release Slapstick Symposium: Charley Chase Vol. 1; available on Amazon.
Time Zone info:
- Pacific Time – 12 noon
- Mountain Time – 1pm
- Central Time – 2pm
- Eastern Time – 3pm
- Argentina Time – 4pm
- UK/England – 8pm
- Europe/Scandinavia/Netherlands et al. – 9pm (21:00)
- Eastern Australia – 3am Monday
- Western Australia – 6am Monday
- Japan (Tokyo) – 4am Monday
Where to watch the show:
The stream will go live on YouTube about 5-10 minutes before the show’s start time at 3:00pm EDT on Sunday, June 14, 2020. Click the image below to go to Ben Model’s YouTube channel where you can subscribe and get an email notification about the stream link.
Make a donation to support the show:
The Silent Comedy Watch Party is presented free of charge. If you’d like to make a contribution to support the show, you may do so securely online:
- one-time donation on Square – or, if you do not have or do not wish to use a credit card, you can use PayPal. For Venmo, search for “@undercrank”
- donate automatically each time we do a live-stream – sign up on Patreon.
- if you prefer to mail a check, please contact us for the address
Stay informed about the shows:
- click here for The Silent Comedy Watch Party main web page for show info and links to previous episodes’ pages.
- Sign up for emails to get informatíon and reminders about the show
- Follow Ben Model on Twitter at @silentfilmmusic
- Subscribe to Ben Model’s blog (below):
Mentioned on episode 13:
Ben Model & Steve Massa’s “cabin fever” recommendations:
- The First King of Hollywood: The Life of Douglas Fairbanks by Tracey Goessel. (Chicago Review Press, 2016); available on Amazon.
- Chaplin at Keystone (Flicker Alley, 2010); available on Amazon.
- Silent Movie by Avi. (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2003); available on Amazon.