Episode #64 – July 25, 2021
Episode #64 of The Silent Comedy Watch Party will stream live on Sunday July 25, 2021 at 3pm ET. Co-hosts Steve Massa will introduce and Ben Model will live-accompany shorts starring Lee Moran, Jerry Mandy and Charlie Chaplin.
Summer Schedule: The Silent Comedy Watch Party will live-stream new shows every other week beginning June 13th, and will repeat older shows as “Rewind” editions beginning on June 20.
July 25: New live-streamed episode
August 1: “Rewind” episode
August 8: New live-streamed episode
August 15: “Rewind” episode
August 22: New live-streamed episode
August 29: “Rewind” episode
The Silent Comedy Watch Party is presented for free, on YouTube.
UP ON THE FARM (1925) starring Lee Moran, with Bud Jamison, Spencer Bell, Merta Sterling; dir. Lewis Seiler; rel. January 11, 1925 by the Fox Film Corporation; prod. Imperial Comedies; originally 2 reels; presented in a digital scan from a 16mm print courtesy of Richard Sheckman.
ALL IN FUN (1928) starring Jerry Mandy, with Dan Peterson, Robert Graves, Jackie Levine, Jack “Tiny” Lipson, Bobby Barber, Al Thompson; dir. Francis J. Martin; photo. William Hyer; prod. Jack White; rel. October 21, 1928 by Cameo Comedies; dist. Educational Pictures; 1 reel; presented in a digital scan from a 16mm print courtesy of Richard Sheckman.
WORK (1915) starring Charlie Chaplin, with Edna Purviance, Marta Golden, Billy Armstrong, Charles Inslee, Paddy McGuire, Leo White; dir & writ. Charles Chaplin; photo. Harry Ensign & Roland Totheroh; prod. Jess Robbins; rel. June 21, 1915 by the Essanay Film Corporation; 2 reels; presented courtesy of Serge Bromberg and the Blackhawk Films Collection; available on Chaplin’s Essanay Comedies available through Amazon.
Time Zone info:
- Pacific Time – 12 noon
- Mountain Time – 1 pm
- Central Time – 2 pm
- Eastern Time – 3 pm
- Argentina/Nova Scotia – 4 pm
- UK/England – 8 pm
- Europe/Scandinavia/Netherlands et al. – 9 pm (20:00)
- Eastern Australia – 5 am Monday
- Western Australia – 3 am Monday
- Japan (Tokyo) – 4 am Monday
Where to watch the show:
The stream will go live on YouTube about 5-10 minutes before the show’s start time at 3:00 pm ET on Sunday, July 25, 2021. Click the image below to go to Ben Model’s YouTube channel where you can subscribe and get an email notification about the stream link.
Mentioned on episode:
Steve Massa and Ben Model’s “cabin fever” recommendations:
- A Van Buren Production by Hal Erickson (McFarland, 2020); available on Amazon.
Make a donation to support the show:
The Silent Comedy Watch Party is presented free of charge. If you’d like to make a contribution to support the show, you may do so securely online:
- one-time donation on Square or PayPal. For Venmo, search for “@undercrank”
- weekly donation – sign up with us on Patreon.
- For Venmo, search for @undercrank
- To mail a check, please contact us for the address
Silent Comedy Watch Party “merch”:
Now available: mugs, t-shirts, hoodies, totes and more with the Silent Comedy Watch Party logo! Visit the online shop to browse (scroll) and purchase now at bit.ly/scwp-merch.
Stay informed about the shows:
- Sign up for emails to get reminders about The Silent Comedy Watch Party shows and film listings.
- click here for The Silent Comedy Watch Party main web page for show info and links to previous episodes’ pages.
- Follow Ben Model on Twitter at @silentfilmmusic
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.